TinyIB - Lightweight and efficient imageboard
A read-only demo is available.
Got database? Get speed. Use MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite for an efficient set-up able to handle high amounts of traffic.
No database? No problem. Store posts as text files for a portable set-up capable of running on virtually any PHP host.
Not looking for an image board script? TinyIB is able to allow new threads without requiring an image, or disallow images entirely.
- GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF, MP4 and WebM upload.
- YouTube, Vimeo and SoundCloud embedding.
- Reference links.
- Fetch new replies automatically. (See
- Delete posts via password.
- Report posts.
- Block keywords.
- Management panel:
- Account system:
- Super administrators (all privileges)
- Administrators (all privileges except account management)
- Moderators (only able to sticky threads, lock threads, approve posts and delete posts)
- Ban offensive/abusive posters across all boards.
- Post using raw HTML.
- Upgrade automatically when installed via git. (Tested on Linux only)
- Spanish (Mexico)
Please consider supporting the continued development of TinyIB.
If you make a donation and there is a certain feature you'd like to see added to
TinyIB, send me an email. I can't
promise that I will implement the feature right away, however I will keep your
support in mind.
- Verify the following are installed:
- PHP 5.5+
- GD Image Processing Library
- This library is usually installed by default.
- If you plan on disabling image uploads to use TinyIB as a text board only, this library is not required.
- cURL Library
- This is recommended, but is not strictly required except when
TINYIB_CAPTCHA is set to
- CD to the directory you wish to install TinyIB.
- Run the command:
git clone https://code.rocketnine.space/tslocum/tinyib.git ./
- Copy settings.default.php to settings.php
- Configure settings.php
- When setting
flatfile, note that all post, report and ban data are exposed as the database is composed of standard text files. Access to ./inc/database/flatfile/ should be denied.
- When setting
pdo, note that only the MySQL and PostgreSQL databases drivers have been tested. Theoretically it will work with any applicable driver, but this is not guaranteed. If you use an alternative driver, please report back.
- Field length settings require a modification to the database field to accommodate the increased length in order to take effect.
- To require moderation before displaying posts:
files to require moderation for posts with files attached.
all to require moderation for all posts.
- Moderate posts by visiting the management panel.
- To allow video uploads:
- Ensure your web host is running Linux.
- Install ffmpeg. On Ubuntu, run
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg.
- Add desired video file types to
- To remove the play icon from .SWF and .WebM thumbnails, delete or rename
- To use FFMPEG to create thumbnails:
- Install FFMPEG and ensure the
ffprobe commands are available.
- To use ImageMagick instead of GD when creating thumbnails:
- Install ImageMagick and ensure that the
convert command is available.
- Note: GIF files will have animated thumbnails, which will often have large file sizes.
- To use TINYIB in another language, set
TINYIB_LOCALE to a language code found in
- CHMOD write permissions to these directories:
- ./ (the directory containing TinyIB)
- ./inc/database/flatfile/ (only if you use the
flatfile database mode)
- Navigate your browser to imgboard.php and the following will take place:
- The database structure will be created.
- Directories will be verified to be writable.
- The board index will be written to
- If you are not logged in already, log in to the management panel by clicking [Manage].
- On the board, tick the checkbox next to one or more offending posts.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click Delete.
- You will be redirected to the management panel.
- From this page you are able to delete the post(s) and/or ban the author(s).
- Obtain the latest release.
- If you installed via Git, run the following command in TinyIB's directory:
- Otherwise, download and extract a zipped archive.
- Note which files were modified.
- If settings.default.php was updated, migrate the changes to settings.php
- Take care to not change the value of
TINYIB_TRIPSEED, as it is used to generate secure tripcodes, hash passwords and hash IP addresses.
- If other files were updated, and you have made changes yourself:
- Visit code.rocketnine.space and review the changes made in the update.
- Ensure the update does not interfere with your changes.
TinyIB includes a database migration tool.
While the migration is in progress, visitors will not be able to create or delete posts.
- Edit settings.php
TINYIB_DBMIGRATE to the desired
TINYIB_DBMODE after the migration.
- Configure all settings related to the desired
- Open the management panel.
- Click Migrate Database
- Click Start the migration
- If the migration was successful:
- Edit settings.php
TINYIB_DBMODE to the mode previously specified as
TINYIB_DBMIGRATE to a blank string (
- Click Rebuild All and ensure the board still looks the way it should.
- Ensure you are running the latest version of TinyIB.
- Review the open issues.
- Open a new issue.
Translation is handled online.
Note: Please do not submit translations via pull requests. See above.
- Fork TinyIB.
- Commit code changes to your forked repository.
- Submit a pull request.