TinyIB - A Lightweight and Efficient [
Image Board]( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imageboard) Script
**Got database? Get speed.** Use [
MySQL]( http://mysql.com) or [ SQLite]( http://sqlite.org) for an efficient set-up able to handle high amounts of traffic.
**No database? No problem.** Store posts as text files for a portable set-up capable of running on virtually any PHP host.
For demos see [
example installations]( https://github.com/tslocum/TinyIB/wiki). [ ![githalytics.com alpha]( https://cruel-carlota.pagodabox.com/5135372febbc40bacddbb13c1f0a8333 "githalytics.com")](http://githalytics.com/tslocum/TinyIB)
- Reference links >>###
- Delete post via password.
- Management panel:
- Administrators and moderators use separate passwords.
- Moderators are only able to delete posts.
- Ban offensive/abusive posters across all boards.
- Post using raw HTML.
- Upgrade automatically when installed via git. (Tested on Linux only)
1. Verify the following requirements are met:
- [ PHP]( http://php.net) 4 or higher is installed.
- [ GD Image Processing Library]( http://php.net/gd) is installed.
- This library is installed by default on most hosts.
2. CD to the directory you wish to install TinyIB.
3. Run the command:
- `git clone git://github.com/tslocum/TinyIB.git ./`
4. Copy **settings.default.php** to **settings.php**
5. Configure **settings.php**
6. [ CHMOD]( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod) write permissions to these directories:
- ./ (the directory containing TinyIB)
- ./inc/flatfile/ (only if you use flat file for the database)
7. Navigate your browser to **imgboard.php** and the following will take place:
- The database structure will be created.
- Directories will be verified to be writable.
- The file index.html will be created containing the new image board.
1. Run the command:
- `git pull`
2. If TinyIB has been updated, note which files are modified.
- If **settings.default.php** is updated, migrate the changes to **settings.php**
- Take care to not change the value of **TINYIB_TRIPSEED**, as it would result in different secure tripcodes.
- If other files are updated, and you have made changes yourself:
- Visit [ GitHub]( https://github.com/tslocum/TinyIB) and review the changes made in the update.
- Ensure the update does not interfere with your changes.
1. Read the [ GitHub Forking Guide]( http://help.github.com/forking/).
2. Fork TinyIB.
3. Commit code changes to your forked repository.
4. Submit a pull request describing your modifications.